Friday, January 15, 2010

Week 6

For this week, I am concentrating on Chicago.
These are some of my favorite pics from the city.

Light at the End of the Tracks

Shutter: 1/40"
F-Stop: 9.0
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 24 mm
Lens: 18 - 55 mm


This was my original shot, at the Ogilvie Train Station. I am there everyday that I am in Chicago, along with thousands of others, but I was lucky enough to have to place to myself for this one.

Light at the End of the Tracks: Version 2


Shutter: 1/13"
F-Stop: 4.5
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 19 mm
Lens:
18 - 55 mm

I was really happy with the original of this shot, but I missed my train one day and thought I'd try it again. I liked this one too, but it wasn't as powerful, so I played with the colors and saturation to differentiate this shot from the original picture.

On the El

Shutter: 1/125"
F-Stop: 22.0
ISO: 1600
Focal Length: 18 mm
Lens:
18 - 55 mm

This is another shot I have tried to capture many times. This is one of my favorite views that I enjoy passing by all the time. It's a hard one to get, given that you are usually cruising right on by, and shooting through a dirty window.

Crossing the River

Shutter: 1/500"
F-Stop: 4.5
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 18 mm
Lens:
18 - 55 mm

So you might think was near St. Patrick's Day by the look of the river, but it's not. That's how it looks all the time, and I even did my best to make it look better.

City Treasure

Shutter: 1/30"
F-Stop: 4.5
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 18 mm
Lens:
18 - 55 mm

Featured in an earlier post, this is my favorite house in Chicago. It's on Superior right by Wells if you're ever out that way, especially in the Spring, go see it, you can't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment