Monday, December 28, 2009

Advanced Digital Photography: Week 1

CBS channel 2 Chicago held a competition this winter season called Capture My Chicago. This was open to any and all people who had original photos somehow related to Chicago. I submitted a handful of photos to this competition, however, unfortunately I got in the game a little too late and did not get enough votes behind my pictures to be published in the book. But, I now proudly publish them on my blog for your viewing pleasure.

Bean Abstract

Shutter: 1/60"
F-Stop: 4.8
ISO: 400
Focal Length: 35.0 mm
Lens: 18 - 55 mm


It seems like I always see the same couple pictures whenever I see pictures of the bean, which is actually called "Cloud Gate." My intention here was to capture a unique image of the sculpture. I happened to be lucky enough on this day to be out there by myself, so I didn't have anyone in the way of the shot. If you look though, you can find me in the reflections. :)

Butterfly

Shutter: 1/100"
F-Stop: 5.6
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 55.0 mm
Lens:
18 - 55 mm

I nearly stepped on this poor guy while I was walking in River North one day. I whipped out the camera thinking he was going to fly away any second and that I probably would never get the time to get the shot I wanted, but it was unusually cold that day, and I guess he was a little sluggish from it, because he never moved the entire time I was taking pictures of him, except to stretch his wings.

Fountain

Shutter: 1/60"
F-Stop: 6.3
ISO: 1600
Focal Length: 43.0 mm
Lens:
18 - 55 mm

This is in the loop, near our school's dorms. I love capturing water in motion, it's always a nice result.

Globes

Shutter: 1/13"
F-Stop: 22.0
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 18.0 mm
Lens:
18 - 55 mm

These are two of many globes that were created by artists in the Chicago chapter of a huge project across the nation. The project is called Cool Globes and the project can be found at www.coolglobes.com. This is at old Miggs Field, which is now owned by the Park District.

Repitition

Shutter: 1/20"
F-Stop: 7.1
ISO: 1600
Focal Length: 27.0 mm
Lens:
18 - 55 mm

I went to the Water Tower Mall with my family one cold, rainy day. I loved the repetition of shapes, lines and color from this view, and I only got it because I could lean on the railing so the shot wasn't blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment