Monday, December 14, 2009

Photography

Photography is how we capture our world, our lives and our expressions. Photography can be documentary, abstract, for aesthetics, for a statement, or a myriad of other purposes. My personal photography has had several purposes as I have had different intentions. I have shot for pure aesthetic value, to capture a moment in my life I wanted to remember forever, to fulfill assignments, to capture a subject in an innovative way, and experimentally. I have especially enjoyed shooting in Chicago, and capturing nature.

Since I was young my father was always a source of inspiration in artistic expression, photography being one of the most predominant. He is a practiced and experienced photographer, and passed along this desire to me. Various classes through high school and college have nurtured my interest in the art form. In working at the David Weinberg Gallery I have also been exposed to photographers and their work that has been tremendously inspiring.

Photographers I have been inspired by include my dad, Ansel Adams, Richard Avedon, Ms. Aniela, Doug & Mike Starn, Jay Wolke, David Burdeny, Michael Parker, Amanda Friedman, James Griffieon, Elizabeth Opalenik, Dylan Vitone, & Vivian Maier.

No comments:

Post a Comment