Monday, December 28, 2009

Week 3

Here are some more shots I submitted to the Capture My Chicago competition.

Lake Shore Sculptures

Shutter: 1/125"
F-Stop: 29.0
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 25.0 mm
Lens: Nikkor


These sculptures are near old Miggs Field, just south of the Adler Planitarium. They are gorgeous and play off the landscape beautifully. I recommend going to see them in person if you can. There is another single sculpture from the series at Michigan and Congress (I think - if it's not there it's really close).

Crown Fountain

Shutter: 1/30"
F-Stop: 3.5
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 19.0 mm
Lens: Nikkor


This was so perfect, a whole family was standing at the back of the north fountain marveling at it. I especially like how the little girl was standing off to the side. Crown Fountain has quickly become an icon of Chicago, and I hope people stop to really enjoy it for decades to come.

Night View from the Clinton Stop

Shutter: 6.0"
F-Stop: 25.0
ISO: 200
Focal Length: 26.0 mm
Lens: Nikkor


I have shot at this location more times than I can count, but this was one of my favorites. The train came into the shot for last half and the shutter closed just before it made it all the way through. Gotta love being in the right place at the right time!

Woodstock Prairie

Shutter: 1/4000"
F-Stop: 6.3
ISO: 1600
Focal Length: 28.0 mm
Lens: Nikkor


I'm not sure of the actual name of this conservation area, but it has the feel of a classic Illinois prarie. It's nice to see such expansive nature after spending a lot of time in the city.

Queen Anne's Lace

Shutter: 1/4000"
F-Stop: 8.0
ISO: 1600
Focal Length: 48.0 mm
Lens: Nikkor


Queen Anne's Lace is a really beautiful flower, and I wanted to capture the delicate details of getting a closer look.

No comments:

Post a Comment